Delaware Valley SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 7 public schools managed by Delaware Valley SD School District serving 4,658 students in Matamoras, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Delaware Valley SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Matamoras Delaware Valley Elementary School500 Avenue S
Matamoras, PA 18336
Grades: PK-5 | 520 students
- Milford Delaware Valley Middle School258 Route 6 And 209
Milford, PA 18337
Grades: 6-8 | 509 students
- Dingmans Ferry Dingman-delaware Middle School1365 Route 739
Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
Grades: 6-8 | 590 students
- Dingmans Ferry Dingman-delaware Primary School1375 Route 739
Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
Grades: PK-2 | 519 students
- Shohola Shohola Elementary School940 Twin Lakes Road
Shohola, PA 18458
Grades: K-5 | 430 students
|School District Name||Delaware Valley SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,658 students|
|# of Teachers||337 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||2,368 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,290 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||11 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||100 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||441 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||86 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,879 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||139 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||275|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||298|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||335|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||318|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||349|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||349|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||337|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||365|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||396|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||392|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||378|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||405|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||394|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Delaware Valley SD School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 89% has decreased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,103 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,713 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$71 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$64 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,103||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,713||$12,924|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.