Girard School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public high school in Girard School District, serving 518 students.
- Public high school in Girard School District have an average math proficiency score of 82% (versus the Pennsylvania public high school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 82% (versus the 65% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 20% of public high schools in Pennsylvania.
- public high school in Girard School District have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Pennsylvania average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Girard High School, with ≥95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Pennsylvania or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania public high school average of 32% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Pennsylvania public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Girard School District|
|School District Website||http://www.girardsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(814)774-5666|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||800 Schools|
|# of Students||518 Students||623,679 Students|
|# of Teachers||35 Teachers||42,914 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Girard School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 588 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||995 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||23,709 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||65,811 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 Students||93,023 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||482 Students||422,458 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||523 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 Students||17,160 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||144|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,664|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||4,117|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||4,109|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||4,332|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,544|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||5,293|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||8,071|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||26,174|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||30,567|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||125||139,247|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||123||133,828|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||140||130,425|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||130||129,164|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,100 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,120 is less than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,100||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$12,120||$12,903|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.