Girard School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top public middle school in Girard School District, serving 528 students.
- Public middle school in Girard School District have an average math proficiency score of 57% (versus Pennsylvania public middle school average of 36%), and reading proficiency score of 71% (versus 58% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 40% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Girard School District|
|School District Website||http://www.girardsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(814)774-5666|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||945 Schools|
|# of Students||528 Students||600,580 Students|
|# of Teachers||35 Teachers||40,884 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Girard School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 627 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||1,043 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||21,514 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||11 Students||69,067 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 Students||123,802 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||494 Students||362,760 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||446 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 Students||21,736 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,439|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||16,715|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||18,110|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||18,432|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||19,245|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||19,841|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||129||32,142|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||142||91,595|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||129||136,427|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||128||135,131|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||34,244|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||26,793|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||25,668|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,769|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,100 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,120 is less than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,100||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$12,120||$12,903|
Girard School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Girard Rice Avenue Middle School 1100 Rice Ave
Girard, PA 16417
Grades: 5-8 | 508 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.