Girard School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Girard School District, serving 634 students.
- Public preschool in Girard School District have an average math proficiency score of 66% (versus the Pennsylvania public pre school average of 29%), and reading proficiency score of 70% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the top 20% of public pre schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania public preschool average of 54% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public preschool average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Girard School District|
|School District Website||http://www.girardsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(814)774-5666|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||303 Schools|
|# of Students||634 Students||148,037 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||9,916 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Girard School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 108 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||219 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||4,496 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||8 Students||26,982 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 Students||39,344 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||582 Students||68,261 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||134 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||34 Students||8,601 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60||7,609|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104||23,732|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||113||20,955|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||112||20,504|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||117||19,003|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||128||18,686|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||16,272|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||7,271|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||4,356|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||4,110|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||1,532|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||1,353|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||1,363|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,291|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,100 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,120 is less than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,100||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$12,120||$12,903|
Girard School District Public Preschools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Elk Valley Elementary School 2556 Maple Ave
Lake City, PA 16423
Grades: PK-4 | 634 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.