Kiski Area School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 public schools in Kiski Area School District, serving 3,640 students.
- Public school in Kiski Area School District have an average math proficiency score of 51% (versus the Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 71% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 30% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Kiski Area School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kiskiarea.com|
|School District Phone Number||(724)845-2022|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||2,983 Schools|
|# of Students||3,640 Students||1,706,797 Students|
|# of Teachers||199 Teachers||117,667 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
- Kiski Area School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 678 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||2,614 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||19 Students||67,005 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||39 Students||194,853 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||223 Students||248,002 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,352 Students||1,125,750 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,445 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||67,004 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||7,804|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||254||120,056|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||266||125,788|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||275||125,923|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||263||129,062|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||286||133,149|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||281||133,868|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||269||132,729|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||295||132,160|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||306||133,501|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||265||139,320|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||269||133,838|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||308||130,426|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||303||129,173|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,287 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,298 is less than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$51 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$47 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,287||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$12,298||$12,903|
Kiski Area School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Kiski Area High School 240 Hyde Park Rd
Vandergrift, PA 15690
Grades: 9-12 | 1145 students
- Kiski Area Ihs 260 Hyde Park Rd
Vandergrift, PA 15690
Grades: 7-8 | 601 students
- Kiski Area North Primary School 1048 School Road
Leechburg, PA 15656
Grades: K-4 | 561 students
- Kiski Area South Primary School 230 Mamont Dr
Export, PA 15632
Grades: K-4 | 300 students
- Kiski Area Upper Elementary School 4728 Route 66
Apollo, PA 15613
Grades: 5-6 | 550 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.