Kiski Area SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Kiski Area SD School District serving 3,716 students in Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Kiski Area SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Vandergrift Kiski Area High School240 Hyde Park Rd
Vandergrift, PA 15690
Grades: 9-12 | 1210 students
- Vandergrift Kiski Area Ihs260 Hyde Park Rd
Vandergrift, PA 15690
Grades: 7-8 | 572 students
- Leechburg Kiski Area North Primary School1048 School Road
Leechburg, PA 15656
Grades: K-4 | 550 students
- Export Kiski Area South Primary School230 Mamont Dr
Export, PA 15632
Grades: K-4 | 325 students
- Apollo Kiski Area Upper Elementary School4728 Route 66
Apollo, PA 15613
Grades: 5-6 | 569 students
|School District Name||Kiski Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,716 students|
|# of Teachers||194 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||1,914 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,802 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||20 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||40 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||230 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,418 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||274|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||264|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||256|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||288|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||283|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||274|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||295|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||309|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||263|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||318|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||316|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Kiski Area SD School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,287 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,298 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$51 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$47 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,287||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,298||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.