Penncrest SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Penncrest SD School District serving 2,904 students in Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Penncrest SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cambridge Springs Cambridge Springs Junior Senior High School641 Venango Avenue
Cambridge Springs, PA 16403
Grades: 7-12 | 443 students
- Guys Mills Maplewood Junior Senior High School30383 Guys Mills Rd
Guys Mills, PA 16327
Grades: 7-12 | 524 students
- Saegertown Saegertown Elementary School18741 State Highway 198
Saegertown, PA 16433
Grades: K-6 | 499 students
|School District Name||Penncrest SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,904 students|
|# of Teachers||206 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,475 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,429 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||47 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||20 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,737 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||89 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||195|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||192|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||219|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||210|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||253|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||199|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||224|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||272|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||258|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||261|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Penncrest SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 97% has increased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,658 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,554 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$49 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$52 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,658||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,554||$12,924|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.