Pottstown SD School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Pottstown SD School District serving 960 students in Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 65% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Pottstown SD School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Pottstown Pottstown Middle School600 N Franklin St
Pottstown, PA 19464
Grades: 5-8 | 960 students
|School District Name||Pottstown SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,205 students|
|# of Teachers||235 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,492 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,713 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||27 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||504 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,160 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,178 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||325 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||286|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||278|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||263|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||242|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||254|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||236|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||222|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||290|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||136|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pottstown SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 65-69% has decreased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,141 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,458 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$53 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$51 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,141||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$16,458||$12,924|
Special education law is not easy to decipher, with several regulations that govern special education services for disabled students. In this article, learn about the core components of the laws, rights, and individual education plans that can help create the best public school environment for your child.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.