Valley View SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Valley View SD School District serving 2,453 students in Peckville, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Valley View SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Peckville Valley View El Center901 Main Street
Peckville, PA 18452
Grades: K-2 | 537 students
- Archbald Valley View High School1 Columbus Dr
Archbald, PA 18403
Grades: 9-12 | 775 students
- Archbald Valley View Intrmd School3 Columbus Dr
Archbald, PA 18403
Grades: 3-5 | 576 students
- Archbald Valley View Middle School1 Columbus Dr
Archbald, PA 18403
Grades: 6-8 | 565 students
|School District Name||Valley View SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,453 students|
|# of Teachers||173 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,220 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,233 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||36 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||138 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||70 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,184 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||179|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||199|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||185|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||201|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||179|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||206|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||194|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||179|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||196|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Valley View SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,082 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,440 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$26 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,082||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$9,440||$12,924|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.