Philomath Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 290 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 21%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in OR
- Math Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 62% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OR Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≥50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% OR state average), while 62% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 54% OR state average).
How many students attend Philomath Middle School?
290 students attend Philomath Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
79% of Philomath Middle School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Philomath Middle School?
Philomath Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is lower than the Oregon state average of 17:1.
What grades does Philomath Middle School offer ?
Philomath Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Philomath Middle School part of?
Philomath Middle School is part of Philomath School District 17j.
Review Philomath Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities