Pineville Elementary School
- Pineville Elementary School's student population of 427 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||427 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pineville Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wyoming County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Pineville Elementary School is Wyoming County Career & Technical Center (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pineville Wyoming County Career & Technical Center Grades: PK-12
Hcr 72 Box 200
Pineville, WV 24874
(304)732-8050 0.1 PK-12 n/a
- Pineville Pineville Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 244 students
607 River Road
Pineville, WV 24874
(304)732-6442 0.4 5-8 244
- New Richmond Wyoming County East High School Grades: 9-12 | 533 students
260 Warrior Way
New Richmond, WV 24867
(304)294-5200 3.8 9-12 533
- Bud Herndon Consolidated Elementary & Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
Route 10 Box 309
Bud, WV 24716
(304)294-7668 7.3 PK-8 192
- Brenton Baileysville Elementary & Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 332 students
Drawer 409, 11618 R.d. Bailey
Brenton, WV 24818
(304)732-6399 7.5 PK-8 332
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.