Pineville Elementary School
Pineville Elementary School serves 363 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Pineville Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Students: 363 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in WV
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Pineville Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Pineville Elementary School's student population of 363 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Pineville Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Pineville Elementary School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.20. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#27 out of 638 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Review Pineville Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.