Piney Ridge Elementary School
Piney Ridge Elementary School serves 530 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Piney Ridge Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 52% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Maryland state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Maryland state average of 63% (majority Black).
Piney Ridge Elementary School's student population of 530 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Piney Ridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,354 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Piney Ridge Elementary School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MD)
Overall Testing Rank
#299 out of 1354 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MD Dept. of Education
Review Piney Ridge Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.