Pioneer Middle School
- Pioneer Middle School's student population of 539 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||539 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pioneer Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3742 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pioneer Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hanford George Washington Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 488 students
2245 N. Fairmont
Hanford, CA 93232
(559) 585-3805 1.3 K-6 488
- Hanford Monroe Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 700 students
300 Monroe Dr.
Hanford, CA 93232
(559) 585-3745 1.4 K-6 700
- Armona Crossroads Charter Grades: K-12 | 159 students
418 W. 8th St.
Armona, CA 93202
(559) 583-5060 1.9 K-12 159
- Hanford Hanford Community Day Grades: 9-12 | 29 students
120 E. Grangeville Blvd.
Hanford, CA 93230
(559) 583-5902 1.9 9-12 29
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.