Plainview High School
- Plainview High School's student population of 294 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Plainview High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#726 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rapides Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elizabeth Elizabeth High School Grades: PK-12 | 413 students
440 Live Oak Street
Elizabeth, LA 70638
(318)634-5341 4.8 PK-12 413
- Oakdale Oakdale Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 614 students
1515 Highway 1153
Oakdale, LA 71463
(318)335-0690 9.6 PK-4 614
- Pitkin Pitkin High School Grades: PK-12 | 496 students
7239 Highway 463
Pitkin, LA 70656
(318)358-3121 9.6 PK-12 496
- Oakdale Oakdale Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 343 students
124 South 13th Street
Oakdale, LA 71463
(318)335-1558 10.5 5-8 343
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.