Poca Middle School
- Poca Middle School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Poca Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Putnam County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poca Poca High School Grades: 9-12 | 535 students
#1 Dot Way
Poca, WV 25159
(304)755-5001 1.1 9-12 535
- Winfield Winfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 627 students
3280 Winfield Road
Winfield, WV 25213
(304)586-3072 1.2 6-8 627
- Poca Poca Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 301 students
2986 Charleston Road
Poca, WV 25159
(304)755-7561 1.8 PK-5 301
- Nitro Rock Branch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
4616 1st Avenue
Nitro, WV 25143
(304)755-1443 2.0 PK-5 224
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.