Pocahontas High School
- Grades: 10-12
- Enrollment: 437 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 6:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Graduation Rate: ≥95% (Top 5% in AR)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 30-34% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pocahontas High School's ranking?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AR state average), while 30-34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% AR state average).
What is the graduation rate of Pocahontas High School?
The graduation rate of Pocahontas High School is 95%, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 88%.
How many students attend Pocahontas High School?
437 students attend Pocahontas High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Pocahontas High School students are White, 9% of students are Hawaiian, 4% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Pocahontas High School?
Pocahontas High School has a student ration of 6:1, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Pocahontas High School offer ?
Pocahontas High School offers enrollment in grades 10-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Pocahontas High School part of?
Pocahontas High School is part of Pocahontas School District.
Review Pocahontas High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities