Poe Elementary School
- Poe Elementary School's student population of 845 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||845 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Poe Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#992 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryan Harmony Science Academy - Bryan Grades: K-8 | 365 students
2031 S Texas Ave
Bryan, TX 77802
(979)779-2100 0.1 K-8 365
- Houston A+ Unlimited Potential Grades: 6-8 | 53 students
2700 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77098
(713)204-3837 0.9 6-8 53
- Houston Roberts Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 791 students
6000 Greenbriar St
Houston, TX 77030
(713)295-5272 1.1 PK-5 791
- Houston Perfor & Visual Arts High School Grades: 9-12 | 757 students
Houston, TX 77006
(713)942-1960 1.3 9-12 757
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.