Point Harmony Elementary School
- Point Harmony Elementary School's student population of 576 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Point Harmony Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#156 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Cross Lanes Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 340 students
5525 Big Tyler Road
Charleston, WV 25313
(304) 776-2022 1.2 PK-5 340
- Poca Poca Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 297 students
2986 Charleston Road
Poca, WV 25159
(304) 755-7561 2.8 PK-5 297
- Nitro Rock Branch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 222 students
4616 1st Avenue
Nitro, WV 25143
(304) 755-1443 2.8 PK-5 222
- Poca Poca High School Grades: 9-12 | 517 students
#1 Dot Way
Poca, WV 25159
(304) 755-5001 3.0 9-12 517
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.