Point Harmony Elementary School
Point Harmony Elementary School serves 576 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Point Harmony Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 57% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 47% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 10% (majority Black).
Point Harmony Elementary School's student population of 576 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Point Harmony Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Point Harmony Elementary School is 0.27, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#147 out of 638 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WV Dept. of Education
Review Point Harmony Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Top 10 Challenges Facing Public School Teachers In 2017
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
What Are the Top 5 Trends in Elementary School Education?
Education is constantly growing, changing, and evolving. Keep reading to learn about five of the most current trends in elementary education.
Does Your High-Schooler Have Executive Functioning Issues?
If your child has trouble planning, organizing, and executing tasks it could be a condition called executive functioning disorder. Keep reading to learn more.