Poplar Bridge Elementary School
- Poplar Bridge Elementary School's student population of 487 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||487 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Poplar Bridge Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#400 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bloomington Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Washburn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 476 students
8401 Xerxes Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55431
(952)681-5500 1.1 PK-5 476
- Minneapolis Normandale Hills Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 487 students
9501 Toledo Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55437
(952)806-7000 1.3 K-5 487
- Minneapolis Choice Alternative High School I.S. Grades: 9-12
2575 W 88th St
Minneapolis, MN 55431
(952)681-6172 1.5 9-12 n/a
- Minneapolis Ridgeview Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
9400 Nesbitt Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55438
(952)806-7100 1.5 K-5 390
- Minneapolis Cornelia Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 585 students
7000 Cornelia Dr
Minneapolis, MN 55435
(952)848-4600 1.7 K-5 585
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.