Prescott Elementary School
- Prescott Elementary School's student population of 374 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Prescott Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#499 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Burley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 530 students
1630 W Barry Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)534-5475 0.6 PK-8 530
- Chicago Alcott Humanities High School Grades: 9-12 | 330 students
2957 N Hoyne Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)534-5970 0.7 9-12 330
- Chicago Jahn Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 334 students
3149 N Wolcott Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)534-5500 0.8 PK-8 334
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.