Ray Marsh Elementary School serves 471 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Ray Marsh Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 28%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is higher than the Kansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 37% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 471 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 28%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 66% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 63% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Ray Marsh Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Ray Marsh Elementary School's student population of 471 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ray Marsh Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,264 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Ray Marsh Elementary School is 0.46, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#55 out of 1264 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ray Marsh Elementary School's ranking?
Ray Marsh Elementary School is ranked #55 out of 1,264 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Kansas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
66% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 63% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Ray Marsh Elementary School?
471 students attend Ray Marsh Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
72% of Ray Marsh Elementary School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Black, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ray Marsh Elementary School?
Ray Marsh Elementary School has a student ration of 17:1, which is higher than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Ray Marsh Elementary School offer ?
Ray Marsh Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is Ray Marsh Elementary School part of?
Ray Marsh Elementary School is part of Shawnee Mission Pub Sch School District.
Review Ray Marsh Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.