Redland Middle School
Redland Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Redland Middle School's student population of 483 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Redland Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3272 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Redland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 837 students
24501 Sw 162nd Ave
Homestead, FL 33031
(305)247-8141 0.2 PK-5 837
- Homestead Miami Macarthur South Grades: 6-12 | 120 students
13990 Sw 264th St
Homestead, FL 33032
(305)258-7200 2.3 6-12 120
- Homestead South Dade Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 3100 students
28401 Sw 167th Ave
Homestead, FL 33030
(305)247-4244 2.4 9-12 3100
- Homestead Leisure City K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1066 students
14950 Sw 288th St
Homestead, FL 33033
(305)247-5431 2.8 PK-8 1066
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.