River Valley High School
- River Valley High School's student population of 431 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- River Valley High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1016 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||River Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Green River Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 277 students
660 W Daley St
Spring Green, WI 53588
(608) 588-2556 0.2 6-8 277
- Plain River Valley Early Learning Center Grades: PK-K | 122 students
1370 Cherry St
Plain, WI 53577
(608) 546-2228 6.7 PK-K 122
- Arena River Valley Arena Community Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 97 students
314 Willow St
Arena, WI 53503
(608) 753-2361 8.3 PK-5 97
- Prairie Du Sac Tower Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 221 students
S9033 Denzer Rd
Prairie Du Sac, WI 53578
(608) 643-1997 12.9 PK-5 221
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.