- Riverbend Prep's student population of 340 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- Riverbend Prep is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1906 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Valley Arts And Technology Academy Inc. School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Laveen Rogers Ranch School Grades: K-8 | 1,030 student
6735 S. 47th Avenue
Laveen, AZ 85339
(602) 304-2030 0.8 K-8 1,030
- Tolleson Maricopa Institute Of Technology Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
3900 S 55th Avenue
Tolleson, AZ 85353
(602) 552-1427 1.4 9-12 93
- Laveen Country Gardens Charter School Grades: K-12 | 462 students
6313 W Southern Ave
Laveen, AZ 85339
(602) 237-7370 1.6 K-12 462
- Phoenix Maurice C. Cash Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 952 students
3851 W. Roeser Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041
(602) 237-9120 1.6 PK-8 952
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.