- The student population of 709 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||709 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.02 is less than the state average of 0.12. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Roane County s School District's student population of 2,378 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 71% has decreased from 83% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $10,804 in this district is less than the state average of $14,238. The district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,568 is less than the state average of $14,179. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Roane County s School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||2,378||3,418|
|District Total Revenue||$27 MM||$49 MM|
|District Spending||$26 MM||$49 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,804||$14,238|
|District Spending / Student||$10,568||$14,179|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpencerSpencer Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 502 students
85 Clay Road
Spencer, WV 25276
SpencerSpencer Middle SchoolGrades: 5-8 | 394 students
102 Chapman Avenue
Spencer, WV 25276
ReedyReedy Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-6 | 103 students
Reedy, WV 25270
WaltonWalton Elementary Middle SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
90 School Drive
Walton, WV 25286
Le RoyRoane-jackson Vo-tech CenterGrades: PK-12
4800 Spencer Road
Le Roy, WV 25252
If the student can fight their way through, (literally), then I would recommend this school. Otherwise, this school has an atmosphere of violence non-typical in a rural school of its type. Fights often go unnoticed by the school administrators and teachers. The school also has little to no value in preparing the student for higher education, and the student would basically need to be naturally gifted or teach themselves if they wish to go on to any form of higher education. Failure is accepted and many students drop out right when they turn 16. Basically the only good thing about this school is that it is a nice building... I mean a REALLY nice building, that was built not too long ago... but that's about it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - iward