Rowlesburg School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Rowlesburg School's student population of 95 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Rowlesburg School is ranked within the top 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#308 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Preston County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hambleton Tucker Valley Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 495 students
81 Tucker Valley Road
Hambleton, WV 26269
(304)478-3606 4.8 PK-8 495
- Hambleton Tucker County High School Grades: 9-12 | 303 students
116 Mountain Lion Way
Hambleton, WV 26269
(304)478-2651 6.7 9-12 303
- Moatsville Kasson Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 209 students
19 Kasson Road
Moatsville, WV 26405
(304)457-1485 11.1 PK-8 209
- Thomas Davis Thomas Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 213 students
426 Second Street, Po Box 250
Thomas, WV 26292
(304)463-4422 11.3 PK-8 213
- Tunnelton Fellowsville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 95 students
139 Fellowsville School Rd
Tunnelton, WV 26444
(304)892-3866 13.0 K-5 95
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.