Roxbury Village School
- Roxbury Village School's student population of 41 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Roxbury Village School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#249 out of 289 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roxbury School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northfield Northfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 241 students
10 Cross Street
Northfield, VT 05663
(802)485-6161 5.6 PK-5 241
- Warren Warren Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 175 students
293 School Road
Warren, VT 05674
(802)496-2487 6.1 PK-6 175
- Brookfield Brookfield School Grades: PK-6 | 73 students
1728 Ridge Road
Brookfield, VT 05036
(802)276-3153 8.2 PK-6 73
- Waitsfield Waitsfield Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 138 students
3951 Main Street
Waitsfield, VT 05673
(802)496-3643 8.3 PK-6 138
The teaching garden is great. "The Roxbury Village Teaching Garden began as a community effort with the goal to incorporate farm to school into the curriculum. Now, there are 15 raised beds, herb beds, fruit trees and herb beds that all of the student take care. Integrated into the curriculum, the students start seeds, transplant, care for the beds, harvest and cook the fruits of their labor."
- Posted by Parent - Roxy parent
While there are two quality teachers who work in this school and a few quality teachers who are part-time music, PE, and art teachers, after 2nd grade the quality of the education provided to our students takes a drastic turn towards a poor education. The Principal often leaves after one or two years. The disconnect between the school and the community is often blamed on the poorly educated parents, which is very far from the truth. Roxbury is stereotyped as a poor community. Do not move to Roxbury for a quality education.
- Posted by Parent - mkdew
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.