Scales Mound High School
- Scales Mound High School's student population of 55 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Scales Mound High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#629 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scales Mound Cusd 211 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shullsburg Shullsburg Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 194 students
444 N Judgement St
Shullsburg, WI 53586
(608)965-4427 7.0 PK-5 194
- Benton Benton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
41 Alma St
Benton, WI 53803
(608)759-4002 9.2 PK-6 120
- Hazel Green Southwestern Wisconsin Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 370 students
1415 Fairplay St
Hazel Green, WI 53811
(608)854-2261 10.0 PK-8 370
- Galena Galena High School Grades: 9-12 | 228 students
1206 Franklin St
Galena, IL 61036
(815)402-2717 10.2 9-12 228
- Galena Galena Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 251 students
1230 Franklin St
Galena, IL 61036
(815)402-2763 10.2 5-8 251
The American public school system is by no means perfect, but is it completely broken? Keep reading to learn about some of the top issues affecting the public school system.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.