Galena High School
Top Placements (Illinois)
Galena High School is Listed among the top public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Galena High School's student population of 228 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Galena High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Galena High School is Galena Usd 120 School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Galena Usd 120 School District's student population of 837 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,458 is higher than the state average of $13,105. The district revenue/student has declined by 27% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,718 is less than the state average of $13,417. The district spending/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Galena Usd 120 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||837||803|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||≥90%|
|District Total Revenue||$11 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$10 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,458||$13,105|
|District Spending / Student||$12,718||$13,417|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Galena Galena Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 251 students
1230 Franklin St
Galena, IL 61036
(815)402-2763 0.0 5-8 251
- Galena Galena Primary School Grades: PK-4 | 358 students
219 Kelly Ln
Galena, IL 61036
(815)402-2786 0.2 PK-4 358
- Hazel Green Southwestern Wisconsin High School Grades: 9-12 | 168 students
1105 Maple St
Hazel Green, WI 53811
(608)854-2261 7.1 9-12 168
- Hazel Green Southwestern Wisconsin Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 370 students
1415 Fairplay St
Hazel Green, WI 53811
(608)854-2261 7.3 PK-8 370
- Benton Benton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
41 Alma St
Benton, WI 53803
(608)759-4002 10.1 PK-6 120
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.