River Ridge High School
River Ridge High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- River Ridge High School's student population of 162 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- River Ridge High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#527 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||River Ridge Cusd 210 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elizabeth Northwest Academy
310 N West St
Elizabeth, IL 61028
(815)599-1947 2.4 n/a n/a
- Bellevue Bellevue Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 314 students
100 South 3rd Street
Bellevue, IA 52031
(563)872-4003 8.5 PK-5 314
- Bellevue Bellevue High School Grades: 6-12 | 360 students
1601 State St
Bellevue, IA 52031
(563)872-4001 9.4 6-12 360
- Scales Mound Scales Mound High School Grades: 9-12 | 55 students
210 Main St
Scales Mound, IL 61075
(815)845-2215 11.4 9-12 55
- Galena Galena Primary School Grades: PK-4 | 358 students
219 Kelly Ln
Galena, IL 61036
(815)402-2786 11.5 PK-4 358
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.