Selbyville Middle School
- Selbyville Middle School's student population of 693 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||693 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Selbyville Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#55 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Indian River School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Selbyville Showell (phillip C.) Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 380 students
41 Bethany Road
Selbyville, DE 19975
(302)436-1040 0.4 PK-5 380
- Selbyville Indian River Intensive Learning Center Grades: PK-K | 47 students
31 Hosier Street
Selbyville, DE 19975
(302)436-1000 0.9 PK-K 47
- Frankford Clayton (john M.) Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 597 students
252 Clayton Ave
Frankford, DE 19945
(302)732-3808 4.0 PK-5 597
- Berlin Showell Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 531 students
11318 Showell School Rd
Berlin, MD 21811
(410)632-5350 5.1 PK-3 531
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.