Showell (phillip C.) Elementary School
- Showell (phillip C.) Elementary School's student population of 352 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||352 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Showell (phillip C.) Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 205 schools in Delaware (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#73 out of 205 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Indian River School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Selbyville Selbyville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 733 students
80 Bethany Rd.
Selbyville, DE 19975
(302) 436-1020 0.4 6-8 733
- Selbyville Indian River Intensive Learning Center Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
31 Hosier Street
Selbyville, DE 19975
(302) 436-1000 0.6 PK-12 46
- Frankford Clayton (john M.) Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 595 students
252 Clayton Ave
Frankford, DE 19945
(302) 732-3808 4.1 PK-5 595
- Berlin Showell Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 523 students
11318 Showell School Rd
Berlin, MD 21811
(410) 632-5350 5.0 PK-3 523
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.