Selma High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,750 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 95%
- Graduation Rate: 94% (Top 30% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 23% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 58% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
23% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 58% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Selma High School?
The graduation rate of Selma High School is 94%, which is higher than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Selma High School?
1,750 students attend Selma High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
90% of Selma High School students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Asian, and 5% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Selma High School?
Selma High School has a student ration of 22:1, which is equal to the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Selma High School offer ?
Selma High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
View the Selma High School yearly calendar below.
Review Selma High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities