Seward High School
- Seward High School's student population of 190 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Seward High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kenai Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seward Seward Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 127 students
304 Sea Lion Ave
Seward, AK 99664
(907)224-9000 0.3 6-8 127
- Seward William H. Seward Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 307 students
606 Sea Lion Drive
Seward, AK 99664
(907)224-3356 0.4 PK-5 307
- Cooper Landing Cooper Landing School Grades: K-12 | 18 students
19030 Bean Creek Rd
Cooper Landing, AK 99572
(907)595-1244 28.1 K-12 18
- Cordova Chenega Bay School Grades: PK-12 | 16 students
Cordova, AK 99574
(907)573-5123 44.7 PK-12 16
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.