Seward High School
- The student population of 186 students has grown by 5% over five years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District's student population of 8,816 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 76% has decreased from 96% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $18,604 in this district is less than the state average of $27,880. The district revenue/student has grown by 28% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $19,080 is less than the state average of $27,459. The district spending/student has grown by 36% over four years.
|School District Name||Kenai Peninsula Borough School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,816||399|
|District Total Revenue||$167 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$171 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$18,604||$27,880|
|District Spending / Student||$19,080||$27,459|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SewardSeward Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 125 students
Seward, AK 99664
- Seward William H. Seward Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 300 students
Seward, AK 99664
- Moose PassMoose Pass SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 14 students
Po Box 46
Moose Pass, AK 99631
- Cooper LandingCooper Landing SchoolGrades: KG-12 | 19 students
19030 Bean Creek Road
Cooper Landing, AK 99572
- CordovaChenega Bay SchoolGrades: PK-12 | 11 students
Cordova, AK 99574
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.