Sheridan High School
Sheridan High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Sheridan High School's student population of 697 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||697 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sheridan High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#1750 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Northern Local School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thornville Sheridan Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 548 students
8660 Sheridan Road
Thornville, OH 43076
(740)743-1315 0.1 6-8 548
- Somerset Somerset Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 296 students
100 High St
Somerset, OH 43783
(740)743-1454 4.5 PK-5 296
- Glenford Glenford Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 336 students
128 E High St
Glenford, OH 43739
(740)659-2209 5.1 K-5 336
- Thornville Thornville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 376 students
70 E Columbus St
Thornville, OH 43076
(740)246-6636 5.1 PK-5 376
- Lancaster Fairfield Union High School Grades: 9-12 | 599 students
6675 Cincinnati Zanesville Rd
Lancaster, OH 43130
(740)536-7188 7.1 9-12 599
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.