Shrewsbury Borough Elementary School
Shrewsbury Borough Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Shrewsbury Borough Elementary School's student population of 509 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shrewsbury Borough Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shrewsbury Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eatontown Swimming River School Grades: 3-5 | 514 students
220 Hance Avenue
Eatontown, NJ 07724
(732)460-2416 1.0 3-5 514
- Little Silver Markham Place Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 378 students
95 Markham Place
Little Silver, NJ 07739
(732)741-7112 1.2 5-8 378
- Red Bank Red Bank Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 704 students
222 River Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732)758-1530 1.3 PK-3 704
Nearby Homes for Sale
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.