South Bristol Elementary School
South Bristol Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- South Bristol Elementary School's student population of 54 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Bristol Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#19 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Bristol School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boothbay Harbor Boothbay Region Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 337 students
238 Townsend Avenue
Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
(207)633-5097 3.4 PK-8 337
- Pemaquid Bristol Consolidated School Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
2153 Bristol Road
Pemaquid, ME 04558
(207)677-2678 3.5 PK-8 171
- Southport Southport Central School Grades: 2-6 | 23 students
438 Hendricks Hill Rd
Southport, ME 04576
(207)633-3132 6.4 2-6 23
- Edgecomb Edgecomb Eddy School Grades: K-6 | 81 students
157 Boothbay Road
Edgecomb, ME 04556
(207)882-5515 9.5 K-6 81
Choosing the right school for your child can be difficult, but homeschooling may not be the better option. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.