Southern Huntingdon Co High School/ms
- Southern Huntingdon Co High School/ms's student population of 638 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Huntingdon Co High School/ms's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2307 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southern Huntingdon County SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockhill Furnace Rockhill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 184 students
510 Meadow St
Rockhill Furnace, PA 17249
(814)447-5529 2.3 K-5 184
- Shade Gap Shade Gap Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 133 students
22251 Shade Valley Road
Shade Gap, PA 17255
(814)447-5529 4.1 K-5 133
- Three Springs Spring Farms Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 236 students
12075 Old Plank Road
Three Springs, PA 17264
(814)447-5529 6.7 K-5 236
- Mapleton Depot Mapleton-union Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 133 students
13606 Smith Valley Rd
Mapleton Depot, PA 17052
(814)542-4401 8.8 K-6 133
- Willow Hill Fannett-metal Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 214 students
14823 Path Valley Road
Willow Hill, PA 17271
(717)349-2513 9.9 K-5 214
Nearby Homes for Sale
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.