Southmoor Elementary School
- Southmoor Elementary School's student population of 481 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southmoor Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#126 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||No. 1 in the county of Denver and State of C School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver The Cottage At Holly Ridge Grades: PK | 68 students
3301 South Monaco Parkway
Denver, CO 80222
(720)554-3280 0.6 PK 68
- Denver Holly Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 677 students
6161 East Cornell Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(720)747-2500 1.0 PK-5 677
- Denver Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 945 students
8600 East Dartmouth Avenue
Denver, CO 80231
(720)423-9500 1.3 6-8 945
When people move to your neighborhood because of the school - you know something good is happening. Southmoor Elementary is THAT school. The leadership is innovative, the teachers are amazing, the parent community is supportive and the education is second to none. The staff pours their heart and soul into our kids and it shows in the joy you witness in the classrooms, the confidence of those kids and the success of the alums. No school is perfect, but Southmoor is close!!!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Momma
Great school - my first grade son loves it there!
- Posted by Parent - sid
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.