Southmoor Elementary School
Southmoor Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Southmoor Elementary School's student population of 467 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||467 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southmoor Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#176 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||School District No. 1 In The County Of Denver And State Of C School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver The Cottage At Holly Ridge Grades: PK | 62 students
3301 South Monaco Parkway
Denver, CO 80222
(720) 554-3280 0.6 PK 62
- Denver Holly Hills Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 689 students
6161 East Cornell Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(720) 747-2500 1.0 PK-5 689
- Denver Hamilton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 889 students
8600 East Dartmouth Avenue
Denver, CO 80231
(720) 423-9500 1.3 6-8 889
When people move to your neighborhood because of the school - you know something good is happening. Southmoor Elementary is THAT school. The leadership is innovative, the teachers are amazing, the parent community is supportive and the education is second to none. The staff pours their heart and soul into our kids and it shows in the joy you witness in the classrooms, the confidence of those kids and the success of the alums. No school is perfect, but Southmoor is close!!!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Momma
Great school - my first grade son loves it there!
- Posted by Parent - sid
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.