Southside High School
- Grades: 10-12
- Enrollment: 1,358 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 39%
- Graduation Rate: 95% (Top 20% in AR)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 40% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 53% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Southside High School's ranking?
Southside High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for: Highest graduation rate (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 47% AR state average), while 53% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AR state average).
What is the graduation rate of Southside High School?
The graduation rate of Southside High School is 95%, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 86%.
How many students attend Southside High School?
1,358 students attend Southside High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
61% of Southside High School students are White, 13% of students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Two or more races, 9% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Southside High School?
Southside High School has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Southside High School offer ?
Southside High School offers enrollment in grades 10-12 (offers virtual instruction).
View the Southside High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Southside High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities