Spindale Elementary School
Spindale Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Spindale Elementary School's student population of 473 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||473 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Spindale Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1424 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rutherford County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spindale Rutherford Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 174 students
286 Icc Loop Road
Spindale, NC 28160
(828)395-4190 0.4 9-13 174
- Rutherfordton R-s Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 619 students
545 Charlotte Rd
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
(828)286-4461 0.8 6-8 619
- Rutherfordton Rutherfordton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
201 Bob Hardin Road
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
(828)287-3778 1.7 PK-5 378
- Forest City Forest City-dunbar Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 477 students
286 Learning Parkway
Forest City, NC 28043
(828)245-4978 3.3 PK-5 477
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.