Forest City-dunbar Elementary School
Forest City-dunbar Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Forest City-dunbar Elementary School's student population of 477 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||477 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forest City-dunbar Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1414 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rutherford County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest City Rutherford Opportunity Center Grades: 6-12 | 123 students
140 Old Caroleen Road
Forest City, NC 28043
(828)248-5294 1.5 6-12 123
- Bostic East Rutherford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 581 students
259 East Church Street
Bostic, NC 28018
(828)245-3750 2.6 6-8 581
- Spindale Rutherford Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 174 students
286 Icc Loop Road
Spindale, NC 28160
(828)395-4190 2.9 9-13 174
- Forest City Harris Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 460 students
3330 Us 221 S Hwy
Forest City, NC 28043
(828)248-2354 3.1 PK-5 460
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.