Starside Elementary School
- Starside Elementary School's student population of 422 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||422 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Starside Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#257 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||De Soto School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- De Soto De Soto High School Grades: 9-12 | 851 students
35000 W 91st Street
De Soto, KS 66018
(913)667-6250 0.2 9-12 851
- De Soto Lexington Trails Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 325 students
8800 Penner Avenue
De Soto, KS 66018
(913)667-6260 0.5 6-8 325
- Linwood Linwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 111 students
215 Park Street
Linwood, KS 66052
(913)723-3212 3.7 PK-5 111
- Eudora Eudora Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 876 students
801 E. 10th
Eudora, KS 66025
(785)542-4940 5.5 PK-5 876
- Lenexa Mill Creek Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 675 students
8001 Mize Boulevard
Lenexa, KS 66227
(913)667-3512 6.0 6-8 675
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.