Swink Elementary School serves 176 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Swink Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-59% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-59% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 176 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 18%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in CO
- Math Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Swink Elementary School's student population of 176 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Swink Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Swink Elementary School is 0.31, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#246 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Swink Elementary School's ranking?
Swink Elementary School is ranked #246 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while 50-59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Swink Elementary School?
176 students attend Swink Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
82% of Swink Elementary School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Swink Elementary School?
Swink Elementary School has a student ration of 11:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Swink Elementary School offer ?
Swink Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Swink Elementary School part of?
Swink Elementary School is part of Swink School District No. 33 In The County Of Otero And St.
Review Swink Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.
Not Just for College: A Guide to K-12 Scholarships
Explore the world of scholarships designed specifically for K-12 students in this comprehensive guide. Discover opportunities to ease the financial burden of private education and pave the way for academic success.