Manzanola Elementary School
- Manzanola Elementary School's student population of 56 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Manzanola Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1016 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Manzanola Joint No. 3J of the counties of Otero a School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Manzanola Elementary School is Manzanola Junior-senior High School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manzanola Manzanola Junior-senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 73 students
301 South Catalpa
Manzanola, CO 81058
(719)462-5528 0.2 6-12 73
- Rocky Ford Rocky Ford Junior/senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 372 students
100 West Washington
Rocky Ford, CO 81067
(719)254-7431 7.9 7-12 372
- Fowler Fowler Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 65 students
600 West Eugene Avenue
Fowler, CO 81039
(719)263-4224 8.8 7-8 65
- Fowler Fowler Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 204 students
601 West Grant
Fowler, CO 81093
(719)263-4364 8.9 K-6 204
- Fowler Fowler High School Grades: 9-12 | 127 students
600 West Grant
Fowler, CO 81039
(719)263-4279 8.9 9-12 127
Manzanola schools are one of the best in the county. The students get a lot of one on one time and extra help if needed. All the teachers are supportive to their students and push them to strive ahead and be involved in after school programs. We are a small school that allows everyone to join sports etc and do not turn anyone away that wants to learn. There are numerous students that live in other cities and come to our school due to issues with bullying etc. We have more of a diverse population than shown in this graph. There are more than one percent black students in the district.
- Posted by Parent - occhi
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.