Fowler High School
Fowler High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Fowler High School's student population of 120 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Fowler High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#638 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fowler School District No. R4j School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fowler Fowler Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 205 students
601 West Grant
Fowler, CO 81093
(719) 263-4364 0.0 K-6 205
- Fowler Fowler Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 58 students
600 West Eugene Avenue
Fowler, CO 81039
(719) 263-4224 0.1 7-8 58
- Manzanola Manzanola Junior-senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 77 students
301 South Catalpa
Manzanola, CO 81058
(719) 462-5528 9.0 6-12 77
- Ordway Crowley County Junior And Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 199 students
Ordway, CO 81063
(719) 267-3582 16.3 7-12 199
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.