Tabernacle Elementary School
- Tabernacle Elementary School's student population of 434 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tabernacle Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Tabernacle Elementary School is Randolph County System School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Randolph County System School District's student population of 17,781 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,108 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,042 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Randolph County System School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||17,781||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$170 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$168 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,108||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$9,042||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Trinity Uwharrie Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 356 students
1463 Pleasant Union Road
Trinity, NC 27370
(336)241-3900 1.8 6-8 356
- Asheboro Farmer Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 355 students
3557 Grange Hall Rd
Asheboro, NC 27205
(336)857-3400 6.4 K-5 355
- Trinity Wheatmore High School Grades: 9-12 | 841 students
3678 Finch Farm Rd
Trinity, NC 27370
(336)476-1500 6.8 9-12 841
- Lexington Silver Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 265 students
11161 East Old Hwy 64
Lexington, NC 27292
(336)472-1576 7.3 PK-5 265
- Thomasville Brier Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 300 students
175 Watford Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
(336)474-8200 8.0 PK-5 300
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.