Taftgalloway Elementary School
Taftgalloway Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Taftgalloway Elementary School's student population of 305 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Taftgalloway Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2373 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Taftgalloway Elementary School is Benjamin Franklin Middle School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Romulus Romulus Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 321 students
32200 Beverly Rd
Romulus, MI 48174
(734) 532-1450 1.3 K-5 321
- Westland Walter P Reuther Psychiatric Hospital Grades: Inquire with school
30901 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 367-8527 1.3 Inquire with school n/a
- Wayne Hoover Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 246 students
5400 4th St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734) 419-2670 1.4 K-4 246
- Wayne Wayne Memorial High School Grades: 8-12 | 1,692 student
3001 4th St
Wayne, MI 48184
(734) 419-2206 1.4 8-12 1,692
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.