Alpine Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Alpine Independent School District, serving 1,130 students.
- Public school in Alpine Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 74% (versus Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 76% (versus 72% Texas statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Texas.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Alpine High School, with 85-89% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Texas or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Alpine Elementary School, with 80-84% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Texas or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Alpine Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.alpine.esc18.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(432)837-7700|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||9,132 Schools|
|# of Students||1,130 Students||5,371,081 Students|
|# of Teachers||92 Teachers||352,423 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
- Alpine Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,201 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||20,812 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 Students||225,399 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||712 Students||2,814,001 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 Students||678,193 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||373 Students||1,508,849 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 Students||7,702 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 Students||115,979 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||59||248,101|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||71||372,356|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||95||396,274|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||79||409,257|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||87||412,987|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||82||411,401|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101||400,385|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74||398,929|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||96||397,494|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||91||393,895|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||78||434,030|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||84||396,790|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||74||365,176|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||59||334,006|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,543 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,379 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,543||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$12,379||$11,097|
Alpine Independent School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | TX School Rank)
- Alpine Alpine Elementary School 200 E Ave A
Alpine, TX 79830
Grades: PK-4 | 473 students
- Alpine Alpine High School 300 E Hendryx
Alpine, TX 79830
Grades: 9-12 | 295 students
- Alpine Alpine Middle School 801 Middle School Dr
Alpine, TX 79830
Grades: 5-8 | 362 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.