Belton Independent School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public high schools in Belton Independent School District, serving 5,169 students.
- Public high school in Belton Independent School District have an average math proficiency score of 82% (versus the Texas public high school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 75% (versus the 64% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 30% of public high schools in Texas.
- public high school in Belton Independent School District have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Texas average of 90%.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public high school average of 71% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Texas public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Belton Independent School District|
|School District Website||http://www.bisd.net/|
|School District Phone Number||(254)215-2000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,506 Schools|
|# of Students||5,169 Students||1,762,415 Students|
|# of Teachers||330 Teachers||119,344 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Belton Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,091 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has decreased from 98% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||38 Students||6,639 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||107 Students||75,707 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,571 Students||906,639 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||384 Students||221,800 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,861 Students||514,278 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||15 Students||2,634 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||193 Students||34,718 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,268|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||6,682|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||6,775|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||7,056|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||7,623|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||7,908|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||9,071|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||584||44,012|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||607||59,383|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||608||60,659|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||908||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||849||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||828||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||785||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,572 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,278 is less than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$85 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$82 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,572||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$8,278||$10,634|
Belton Independent School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Belton High School 600 Lake Rd
Belton, TX 76513
Grades: 9-12 | 2843 students
- Belton New Technical H S At Waskow 320 N Blair
Belton, TX 76513
Grades: 9-12 | 527 students
- Lake Belton Middle School 8818 Tarver Dr
Temple, TX 76502
Grades: 6-9 | 840 students
- North Belton Middle School 7907 Prairie View Rd
Temple, TX 76502
Grades: 6-9 | 959 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.